arima hdama linuxbios

Donald Zoch donald.zoch at amd.com
Wed Nov 26 17:29:00 CET 2003

I've been trying to get Linuxbios working on Arima HDAMA, but
am not getting any output to the screen.   I'm using the latest
CVS code, and have tried various methods of flashing the bios.

My SST49LF040 on the motherboard is 512k .  By default the linuxbios.rom
is 256k.  I've tried flashing that to the device and it won't boot.

I've also tried catting that together twice to get a 512k rom and
flashing that to the chip....doesn't boot...no output to the screen.

I've tried building a 512k linuxbios.rom and flashing that...doesn't
work either.

I've tried using the Linux mtd drivers to do the flashing. Doing a diff
of /dev/mtd0 and linuxbios.rom after the flash seems to indicate that
the flash was successful.  Rebooting the system fails though.

I've also tried the dos program uniflash program with the same results.

What might I be doing wrong?

Does anyone have a working linuxbios.rom that they could send me? Or
some details on how to get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Donald
----
Donald Zoch                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, Tx  78741
MPD Unix Systems Administrator      Phone: (512) 602-7945
donald.zoch at amd.com                 Pager: (512) 604-5401