V2 VIA EPIA

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 1 01:25:01 CEST 2003

OK, for VGA, here we go again.

I just found out that a well-known linuxbios company ships their boards in
some cases with the old bios in it because .... the field engineers want
vga.

Here is my plan.

I will combine vgabios + idt into one file, put it in pc80, make it a
standard device, have it turn itself on with the standard static
configuration techniques, and we'll have vga.

The understanding here is that this is code that we hope to deprecate in
favor of the emulation that Stefan is working on. But the pressure to do
something in the short term is getting irresistable, this code works, so I
think we take a short term focus to help the user community.

I'll try to get this in this week.

ron