Patch for V2 new config

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Oct 2 11:14:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, ron minnich wrote:

> On 1 Oct 2003, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>

> > Greg.  This is why the original config tool did this in two passes.

one thing about the new tool, and why I thought we might not need two
passes.

Default works this way for a variable (or should)
	1.if variable is set with a default value, over-ride the value
	2. if variable is not set with a value, set it
	3. If variable is set via an option command, do not set value
	4. If variable has been used, fatal error

option works this way:
	1. If variable is set with a default, set it
	2. If variable is not set with a default, set it.
	3. if variable is set with an option, fatal error
	4. If variable has been used, fatal error

Now, I think if I changed the rules for default above, to:
	1. if variable is not set with a value, set it
	2. if variable has been set with a default, fatal error
	2. If variable is set via an option command, do not set value
	3. If variable has been used, fatal error

then default and option statements for a single variable can occur in any
order, and the right results will occur. this would eliminate the second
pass.

I think?

ron