TUSL2-C 815ep failed

Yap Ee Huey yapeehuey at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 6 01:35:01 CEST 2003

Hi , I have been trying to get linuxbios working on TUSL2-C ( 815ep chipset
)
for half a year already. By using the newest patch from heechul, my
motherboard
still refuse to boot when trying to load the kernel. It should be a RAM init
problem
although it seems to be working until trying to load the etherboot ide_disk:

         * Serial Presence Detect (in heechul's patch) doesn't work on
TUSL2-C :
                 smbus cannot detect correct value of RAM dimensions.
         ** There is a continuous beep sound (not stated in award beep
codes, like
                     ambulance :) )  if using linuxbios or no bios is
inserted.
         * Must use aflash.exe to flash the bios. /dev/bios and uniflash
doesn't work
                 although the flash rom is recognized.

         Hence, from point 2 and 3 and some comments from uniflash
developer,
         I am suspecting some hardware protection from ASUS which prevent
         modification in bios by individual. I hope I am wrong and some of
you can
         point that out.

         I have the matsonic ms7057 (815ep chipset ) linuxbios source from
Heechul
         which should be newer than the one in linuxbios source tree ( this
one
         has RAM dimension auto detect using SPD registers).

         By using this raminit.inc, three things have to be changed :
                           configure_buffsc (no autodetect)
                           configure_smrcomp (no autodetect)
                           #define SMB_IO_BASE 0x1000 (IO address may vary)

         It should work on ms7057 and ga-6oxe.
         Hope this info can help somebody in future. thx.

regards,
eehuey