romcc error in smbus code

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Oct 8 21:13:01 CEST 2003

Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de> writes:

> Hm. ok. Does this code suite you as a testsuite, or can I do anything to
> provide such?

If you can find the minimal sequence of code that causes this error I would
appreciate it.

That is how must of my test cases have been built of for romcc.  I find
a bug and then strip it down as far as I can go.  A number of cases actually
involve some pretty subtle interactions between the various pieces so
finding a minimal case might be tricky.

I suggest you start with the preprocessed output and go from there.

I have a major bugfix release sitting in the wings that I will get out
shortly.  I have tested everything except if LinuxBIOS itself will compile
with it :)

Do you need smbus_write_byte to set the position of the i2c mux?

Eric