Support for Boser crusoe board?

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Wed Oct 29 14:43:01 CET 2003

Nick Jarmany wrote:

> You should be aware that the Agilent (C&T) F69000 is end-of-life. Last shipments I believe are early next year.

Note its Asiliant not Agilent. http://www.asiliant.com  Last time buy is
Feburary 2004.  The semi shop making the die is phasing out the process.
  I guess they were not moving enough of them to justify a re-spin onto
a  new smaller process.  Of course they also may have not had the IP do
it either.

Asiliant is basically a bunch of ex-intel, who used to be C&T that when
intel decided to shutdown C&T they bought the rights to the C&T dies and
started selling them as Asiliant.  It's possible that Intel only sold
them the die masks and not the VHDL to generate them.

And its a damn shame.  Its caused us some heartache as we really didn't
find a good replacemnet for them.  We had to redesign our own SBC
products with ATI M1 chips.  ATI (via our Arrow vendor) has been _much_
more difficult to work with.

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com