[COMMIT] Infrastructure Updates 4

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Tue Sep 2 13:03:00 CEST 2003

OK.  With this update I start taking advantage of the infrastructure changes
I have been making with the merged trees to dynamically allocate superio
device resources, and to enumerate hypertranport devices.

The code is still rough around the edges but the basic ideas are
there.

If you want all of your hypertransport devices to be on bus 0, that is
feasible but it will take a little more work.  Right now each
hypertranport chain get's it's own bus.

Mostly I have updated the arima/hdama the rest of the boards I have
only modified enough that they still function.

OK Now I'm off to bug fix land for a few days.

- 1.1.4
  Major restructuring of hypertransport handling.
  Major rewerite of superio/NSC/pc87360 as a proof of concept for handling superio resources dynamically
  Updates to hard_reset handling when resetting because of the need to change hypertransport link
    speeds and widths.
    (a) No longer assume the boot is good just because we get to a hard reset point.
    (b) Set a flag to indicate that the BIOS triggered the reset so we don't decrement the
       boot counter.
  Updates to arima/hdama mptable so it tracks the new bus numbers

Eric

CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    NEWS src/config/Config src/config/Options.lb
CVS:    src/devices/Config.lb src/devices/pci_device.c
CVS:    src/include/device/device.h
CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/Config.lb
CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/mainboard.c
CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/mptable.c
CVS:    src/mainboard/arima/hdama/reset.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/Config.lb
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/northbridge.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/reset_test.c
CVS:    src/superio/NSC/pc87360/superio.c
CVS: Added Files:
CVS:    src/devices/hypertransport.c
CVS:    src/include/device/hypertransport.h
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/chip.h
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/misc_control.c
CVS:    src/northbridge/amd/amdk8/northbridge.h