extending "buildrom"

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Sep 15 06:41:00 CEST 2003

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [030912 19:20]:
> For s2880 that with LSI scsi FW and some other ATI onboad Server Mainboard
> may need us to put the FW or VGA ROM in the linuxbios.rom too.
>
> For s2880 I cat lsiscsifw,  normal, and fallback together.

then we should maybe change this to fit the other linuxbios config
commands, maybe like this:

buildrom <imagename.rom>
  size ROM_SIZE
  data  ./lsiscsifw 65536
  image normal   NORMAL_SIZE
  image fallback FALLBACK_SIZE
end

Or maybe it makes sense to move the payloads into the buildrom section
as well and keep the romimage tag for building the LinuxBIOS code only
while the buildrom tag describes the composition of the final rom image
to flash?

  Stefan
--
Architecture Team