LinuxBios + EPIA5000 + Win2k Bootloader + HD + VGA

Sven Lübke sven.luebke at mikrosol.de
Tue Sep 16 18:06:01 CEST 2003

Hi!

I want to install LinuxBIOS on my EPIA5000 in combination with
an IDE-Harddisk. The harddisk contains a Win2k bootloader
which boots LiLo or Win2k. The VGA port on the EPIA board should
be enabled! Is that combination possible/up-to-date at all? Which
setup has the fastest boottime?

I tried to compile LinuxBIOS with ADLO and Bochs, cause I don't want
to use etherboot, but for some reason the computer didn't boot. I read all
the FAQs and the "How to" for EPIA mainboards but it's not working
anyway! Is ADLO able to boot the Win2k loader? Is someone using the
same setup and has a config-file for me? Can someone help me?

My goal is to boot Linux as fast as possible and sometimes (if I need it)
switch to Win2k.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Sven