Announcing FILO

SONE Takeshi ts1 at cma.co.jp
Fri Sep 19 08:39:01 CEST 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 04:06:15AM +0900, SONE Takeshi wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 04:51:53PM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > When I compiled it, I had to change one line in "makerules"
> > < GCCINCDIR = $(shell $(CC) -print-search-dirs | head -1 | cut -d' ' -f2)include
> > > GCCINCDIR = $(shell $(CC) -print-search-dirs | head -n 1 | cut -d' ' -f2)include
> >
> > This is required by newer coreutils, but it works fine with older
> > versions.
>
> Thanks, I'll post a new version of FILO with this fix.

Released version 0.2 here: http://te.to/~ts1/filo/

Version 0.2 ts1 2003-09-19
    * Added code to pass kernel command line parameter from console.
    * Changed not to disable automatic boot by ANY key. Now you have to
      press <Esc> to cancel autoboot. This fixes the problem that FILO
      gets stuck at boot prompt when a phantom byte is read from
      a fickle serial or keyboard hardware.
      Additionaly, now <Enter> key does autoboot immediately.
    * Fixed build problem with new coreutils.
      Thanks to Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de>.
    * Updated fsys_fat.c and fsys_reiserfs.c from GRUB CVS.
    * Lots of minor tweaks.
    * Beginning of PCI layer and a sound driver (what??). Don't worry,
      it doesn't even get compiled with default configuration.

--
Takeshi