NS Geode GX1 + CS5530 +PC 97317 superio

amits at myrealbox.com amits at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 19 13:20:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am working on doing a Linux BIOS on an optoma thin client "ST320" its got
PS/2 mouse and PS/2 kbd connectors, two USB , 1 serial ,1 parellel and 1
VGA.Its got a DoC ...but NO IDE it used to come originally with WinCE.It uses
the XpressROM insyde BIOS.

the plan is to do some sort of boot over lan(etherboot/netboot?).From
whatever i dug up on the list archives it seems that the Geode is pretty much
supported....but is VGA supported properly??i read somewhere that there *are*
NSC drivers for the VGA..but they are buggy(or so i heard!).Also read that
there exist framebuffer drivers that work....what i want to know is ...how do
I get some display on this board?Is there anyother way apart from using ADLO??

i dont care if i dont see the kernel messages all i want is to start X on
it.Has ANYONE got a geode running from linuxbios and showing some display?

Is it possible to extract the VideoBIOS from the XpressROM and use it somehow
like in the EPIA ?? If yes has anyone done it?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Amit Shirodkar
amits at myrealbox.com