epia800 direct vga working

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sun Sep 21 00:11:01 CEST 2003

On Saturday, September 20, 2003, at 10:21  PM, Steve Gehlbach wrote:

> Nathanael Noblet wrote:
>> I'm also wondering if I NEED the vga bios extracted still?
>
> The mod's that I made are for using vga without any vga bios by
> directly writing the chipset registers and legacy vga registers to put
> it in legacy vga mode.  But it is only for text mode, so if you need
> extended graphics that is another matter.

I don't need a framebuffer on boot, but once loaded would I be able to
insmod the epiafb module and get that working? If that is the case, the
boot sequence can be anything...

Though, I'm wondering if the modifications you've made are
(specifically the epia800.config) are compatible with an elf filo
payload? The add action commands seem to run after the commands that
concatenate the linuxbios image file with its payload.. so I'm somewhat
at a loss as to what to flash the chip with. If you know what I mean.

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360