EPIA5000 & parallel port

Hubert Denkmair linuxbios at denkmair.de
Sun Sep 21 05:28:01 CEST 2003

Hello again,

linuxbios+filo works now on my EPIA, thanks to everybody who helped me :-)

There seems to be just one more problem - Is it possible that the
parallel port is not initialized correctly by LinuxBIOS?
I need it for my LCD which is controlled by LCDproc.

With my original BIOS, everything works smoothly - with or without
kernel parallel port support. But with LinuxBIOS nothing happens on the
Display, seems as if no data is written to the port. LCDproc doesn't
complain at all, but that's no surprise since it does not get any
feedback from the LCD device anyways.
Additionally, seems as if a kernel compiled with parallel port support
doesn't find it either:
---
imaudo:/# echo "Hallo" > /dev/lp0
bash: /dev/lp0: No such device