epia800 direct vga working

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sun Sep 21 18:54:00 CEST 2003

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 01:28  PM, SONE Takeshi wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 01:09:06PM -0600, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
>> At the moment though, I'm having difficulty getting filo to boot
>> anything but the original kernel.
>>
>> Here is what I have done. Perhaps you have insight into the problem.
>>
>> in the filo Config file:
>> AUTOBOOT_FILE = "hda1:/epia.vmlinuz root...."
>
> Could you enable DEBUG_ALL, and also add a line "E2DEBUG = 1" to Config
> (if the kernel is on ext2/3 fs.

Ok so this is embarrassing, somehow I had a stray old boot partition
that had the image on it
but not the others... I figured that part out after it could boot
without there being the file
there at all... took a look at the partition table and such... Anyway
so it is now booting with
VGABIOS and FRAMEBUFFER etc... I can load the epiafb and get a console
FB working. The problem I had
after this (this is the second time I go through this... I want to
really understand what I'm doing)
I couldn't run any of the DirectFB example apps... I bet this has to do
with those extended registers
that we're missing... I will be getting the different lspci register
dumps to compare the regular
AWARD bios settings and the linuxbios vga settings.

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360