linuxbios on epia-m -- not starting

Steve Gehlbach steve at nexpath.com
Mon Sep 22 11:15:01 CEST 2003

Niki Waibel wrote:

> anyway -- running memtest86 with lilo right now and
> it seems that everything is fine (test4 is running.
> it will take some time to finnish). i dont think it
> is a mem problem (but i might be wrong).

But the issue is, is linuxbios setting up ram correctly.  I posted some
time ago some simple assy language instructions to check each byte as it
is copied to ram.  Or make your own, but as the C-code is copied test
each byte and see if it matches.

Did you try both ram slots?  I think only one works with a single SDRAM.
  Also set CONFIG_COMPRESS=0 is simpler code. What size SDRAM?

-Steve