Working motherboards

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 23 12:03:00 CEST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, jay wrote:

> Is the list of motherboards on the linuxbios status page up to date?  I
> am just curious, since it seems like a lot of mainstream boards (asus,
> abit, etc) are not listed there, but I would expect them to be.  Also,
> with the K8 support, what motherboard is that on?  I'm thinking of
> getting an AMD-64 when the consumer-level chips come out, and I'd love
> to be able to try out linuxbios, if none of my motherboards are
> supported.

The goal here is to get to the point where vendors take on the
responsibility for their own mainboards. I personally want out of this
business of doing ports, I have a day job :-) The vendors should be able
to do a good job with this, and our work would be assistance and testing.

So the mainboards on the list are proof-of-concept, and we hope vendors
will pick up on this.

Note that Tyan is in fact a contributor, and they are offering linuxbios
on several of their new K8 mainboards. You can ask for it with a
mainboard.

I need to add a 'vendor-supplied linuxbios' web page.

ron