config tool + tree enumeration

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Sun Sep 28 18:05:01 CEST 2003

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
> > This did help indeed. Is there any good reason not to reverse the
> > probing per default? Ron, Eric?
>
> I'm going to defer to Eric on this, as I am not sure.

I'm running slow in replying.  But I don't see why scanning
busses in any particular order should matter.

And until I have a reason I don't see the point, in making
a change.

Mostly I suspect this is a matter of keeping the irq tables
in sync, or something similar where hard codes don't match the dynamic
assignments.  And if that is the case we need to dig and do a good fix
instead of papering over the problem.

Eric