V2 VIA EPIA

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 30 21:44:01 CEST 2003

OK, I've committed code that turns on shadow dram in F segment, so PIRQ
will work; also committed what should be working SMBUS code in
vt8231_early_smbus.c; now the fun begins. I could use advice on:
- what SMBUS bytes we need to care about
- what we should program the north with using those bytes.
- how to do it.

Which is to say, I think I know, but let's get this done in a speedy
fashion. Momentum is on our side here.

The EPIA will be a good demo platform.

Why this sudden burst of EPIA work from me? Two reasons:
- I want to encourage people to look at V2, so we need a demo system
  less complex than the K8 systems.
- We are teaching a tutorial on linuxbios, bproc, etc. and will be
  doing it hands-on with a roomful of EPIAs, 2 or 3 per tutorial
  attendee. See: http://lacsi.lanl.gov/symposium/agenda.shtml
  Come if you want. You can see how we build clusters that boot in
  seconds. The software we're showing is the same stuff that is running
  on our 1024-node Pink cluster, and will run on our 1408-node K8
  cluster.

ron