答复: FILO 0.4

Yinghai Lu yhlu at tyan.com
Sat Apr 3 18:30:00 CEST 2004

It seems someone (Greg ???) merge FILO into the LinuxBIOS hardwaremain.c and
it is can be loaded instead of elfboot.

In normal bios, when booting Etherboot with ASK_BOOT, and using Q can exit
from Etherboot and back into BIOS, then can boot into HD and use HD
bootloader.

In LinuxBIOS, if LinuxBIOS is using elfboot to boot Etherboot elf, when Q
from Etherboot, should continue to do the code after elfboot. So may put the
filo after elfboot.

But I think the best way is merged filo into Etherboot instead of Linuxbios
directly. Then We can use tg3-fs_stream.zelf or tg3_filo.zelf as payload of
LinuxBIOS.

It is more better if filo support boot loader (lilo) in HD.

Regards

Yinghai Lu