ATI rage xl.init

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Tue Apr 13 07:53:00 CEST 2004

* Eric W. Biederman <ebiederman at lnxi.com> [040413 14:40]:
> > What is the right way of getting this code into a LinuxBIOS build?
> > Should there be some "driver" directive like there's "northbridge" and
> > "southbridge"? Or is there some better idea?

> Use the dir command.  northbridge/southbridge/etc are just specializations
> of it.

Ah, right!

> > If we can now get hands on loading firmware into the LSI1020/1030, we'd
> > be prepared for a lot of nice opteron servers and possibly many others.
>
> The Linux driver does not load the firmware?  Or do we need SCSI support?

The Linux driver does not load the firmware at the moment. The Linux
driver just bails out without being able to load anything from disk.
Otoh, it's kind of crucial to boot off SCSI drives in future. Since the
LSI10[2|3]0 is pretty wide spread among opteron systems, it would give
us a pretty good start.

  Stefan