ATI rage xl.init

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 13 08:59:01 CEST 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, ron minnich wrote:

> Driver  sounds ok to me. This would get the driver into the static device
> tree. The convention could be that drivers are called with the same passes
> that any other static device is called with.

It's true that 'dir' would work. The other commands are all for the most
part handly aliases for 'dir'.

So if people want to just go with 'dir', fine, if we want another noise
word, 'device' is fine too. One thing, the new noise word 'device' does
give us the future ability to do special things for devices if we need to.

ron