LinuxBios "official" requirements.

Mathieu Deschamps mdeschamps at mangrove-systems.com
Tue Apr 13 09:23:00 CEST 2004

Well, thank you very much it's only what I was looking for.
I know for now ecgs is quite "old" but since it's recommanded for kernel
compilation...
If I knew I get that bother...

Pfiou, all the components needs to be upgraded... so the shortcut is
called Red Hat 9 ...

Le mar 13/04/2004 à 15:47, Stefan Reinauer a écrit :
> * Mathieu Deschamps <mdeschamps at mangrove-systems.com> [040409 15:53]:
> > I've read several documentation on LinuxBios and related
> > projects, though I didn't find out a LinuxBios requirements
> > "true" paper.  I still have the 2.4.xx kernel compiling oriented slab
> > that is to say : GNU Make  3.77, ECGS 1.1.2 (GCC 2.91.66),
> > Binutils 2.10, util-linux 2.10.
>
> egcs is pretty much outdated. I've been using:
> make-3.80-179
> gcc-3.3.3-33
> binutils-2.15.90.0.1.1-30
> util-linux-2.12-59
> python-2.3.3-65
>
> > Also I had a quite old python version (1.1 or so), i got it updated
> > to 2.2.3 when I've seen the python script insulted me while running
> > buildtarget.
>
> Anything older than 2.1 won't work.
>
> > What I try to say is that a REQUIEREMENTS file in the source tree LACKS,
> > Maybe it lacks also in the site page (IMHO, the early page info should
> > mention this)...
>
> Maybe it would make sense to enhance the available LinuxBIOS on AMD64
> document (freebios2/documentation/LinuxBIOS-AMD64.pdf) to contain
> information about the other ports as well. LinuxBIOS v2 does a great job
> unifying things.

	Truely a good document to start with, it gave me a good "overall view"
to what linuxbios is up to : so a  port' would be thaaaaat great.