Build error and Makefile.settings

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Apr 14 16:25:01 CEST 2004

On 14 Apr 2004, Mathieu Deschamps wrote:

> Rather than modified these file includes, I'd have liked to "change
> makefile" concerning the -I option pass to gcc. And what a surprise dooh
> : it's sed'ing for "install:" but in french it's "installés:"

In V2, I have tried to remove makefile rules that call shell scripts.
These types of rules seem very simple at first but as you can see turn
into a real nightmare over time.

Please take another look at how V2 works with an eye to removing these
types of rules. I would rather not reintroduce them into v2. I notice a
few have come back but I would very much like to limit their use.

thanks

ron