epia-m 1/2 baud rate fix

Dave Ashley linuxbios at xdr.com
Fri Apr 16 08:20:01 CEST 2004

The post for fixing the 1/2 baud rate problem on epia-m is here:
http://www.clustermatic.org/pipermail/linuxbios/2003-December/006207.html

The earlier post mentioned probably had the setserial workaround but this
is no good, you don't get 115200 baud or other baud rates that don't go into
57,600 exactly (like 38,400).

I'm on vacation this past week in Florida so haven't been able to assist
any on the epia-m work.

One thing I noticed in Dmitri's patch is it seemed to cut out all my
code to initialize the VT1211's hardware monitor (used for temperature +
voltage monitoring). Other stuff seemed to be hacked and slashed out that
I found necessary, but didn't appear to be replaced elsewhere.

When I get back to the office hopefully I can do a cvs checkout of latest
version and give it a shot and see if it works for me. It sounds like it
is working for everyone else right now, which is good news, so congrats all
around.

So if it's this far along, it would be nice to get the SPD auto detection
working. Maybe the path to that is integrate all these V1 changes into V2
and do it in V2.

-Dave