On which mainboards does LinuxBIOS function best?

Ken Fuchs kfuchs at winternet.com
Thu Apr 22 23:20:01 CEST 2004

The status web page has only three values for each mainboard:
unsupported, unstable (not verified stable) and stable.  There doesn't
seem to be an easy way to tell whether one mainboard works better than
another.  How does one know whether LinuxBIOS on a particular mainboard
supports multiuser X for example?

How does one determine which DoC models are supported, i.e. M2800, M2802,
M2808, M2811, M3331, etc. for a particular mainboard BIOS socket?

I assume the mainboards with 512KB (2Mb) BIOS should contain a full
compressed LinuxBIOS kernel.  Would 1MB or more be recommended?

I'm looking for an inexpensive 1P AMD mainboard on which I can install
LinuxBIOS with relative ease and gain maximum LinuxBIOS functionality
from it.  I would also like to follow one of the HOWTOs or create a new
HOWTO for such a mainboard.  Any mainboard suggestions?  Would a DoC be
required?

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>