Open bios dev/bios bug report

Mathieu Deschamps mdeschamps at mangrove-systems.com
Fri Apr 23 02:11:01 CEST 2004

Le jeu 22/04/2004 à 18:15, Peter Stuge a écrit :

> > > If you're going to do that why not just use MTD?
> > > If it works it is pretty ideal.
> >
> > short answer: True this is the final goal.
> >
> > other answer: This because of I gave myself several milestone before
> > getting a LinuxBios booting my littlish kernel on DOC for embedded
> > station.
>
> MTD is for all Memory Technology Devices - not just DOC.
>
> See http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/ and then enable it in your
> nearest kernel. :)

	oh I know this quite well. I think I didn't made myself clear enough.
Dev/bios opens or intents to open all the flash device of  your
hardware (that's explains read/write/>? MANY bios) , but I wondering if
it could opens a DOC, since it's a IDE bus Flash device.

	Anyhow, DoC is the final goal first I intent to flash a "standard" bios
chip