Via Epia-MII BiosSavior problems

Ignacio Verona nacho at estudio-verona.com
Mon Apr 26 13:18:00 CEST 2004

Hi! Just a few minutes ago I've built my first linuxbios romimage. This
week, I bought a RD1-PL BiosSavior for my MB (PLCC socket) and installed
it. For all this week, the BiosSavior has been working, with the switch on
"ORG" position, and correctly loading factory bios.

And, for writing my new BIOS to the "backup" memory of the BiosSavior, I did
put the switch to the RD1 position, and then #./flash_rom romimage. Ok, it
seems to be well written to the memory, but before trying to load the new
linuxbios I wanted to boot using the old and... It will not boot!! With the
switch on ORG position, using the serial console, I can see LinuxBios boot
up, but I hangs (this does not worry my at this time), but the only way I can
boot my mobo is removing the biossavior and installing the original flash
chip into the original socket... Did I bought the wrong BiosSavior? What
happens??

Thanks.