rtl8139 hangup

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 23:10:00 CET 2004

   Now I'm testing my i845 based MB intensively.  The
box is running with linux 2.4.28, linuxbios v1 and my
port supporting i845.  I have met one problem.  There
is no packet on NIC after six hours rtl8139 hangup.  I
can't ping other machine from linux box and can't ping
linux box from other machine either.  I unplugged RJ45
from NIC and plugged it again.  The rtl8139 returned
to normal.
   Who know what cause the problem?  Is it related
with kernel, my linuxbios and i845 MB?
   tks
   zhu