Booting USB keydrive from BIOS

Pedro M. pmacv at telefonica.net
Sun Jan 4 05:06:01 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Latter" <Ian.Latter at mq.edu.au>
To: "Pedro M." <pmacv at telefonica.net>
Cc: <linuxbios at clustermatic.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: Re:Booting USB keydrive from BIOS

> Ok, then I guess maybe my question should be; You said your
> PC BIOS supported USB booting, but is your USB key able to
> be booted?

I am not sure about it... I bought this modell  (JetFlash usb 2.0 128 Mb--->
Part #: TS128MJF2L

) because I saw : Window, Machintosh, Linux; boot up function--- can make
JetFlash Bootable device

"JetFlash can also be setup to be used as MS-DOS Boot Disk with the software
included in the package"

"JetFlash boot function requires Windows operating system, software
installation and your motherboard need to support USB ZIP, USB-FDD or
USB-HDD (in Windows XP only USB ZIP). Refer to your motherboard manual. Boot
function only allow JetFlash to run MS-DOS programs, however, this does not
make JetFlash as Rescue Disk or put Windows Startup files into JetFlash"
http://www.transcendusa.com/FlashCard/docs/256MJF2L.pdf

http://www.transcendusa.com/FlashCard/docs/TS4GJF2C-EN.pdf

  Are
> you confident you have a bootable USB key?
>
> Further more, under the BIOS' I have access too with USB boot
> capability, they tend to have differing types - such as;
>
>   USB-FDD
>   USB-HDD
>   USB-ZIP
>
> I'm not sure if the syslinux version is going to be USB-FDD or
> USB-HDD

For Flonix is USB-FDD ( although sometimes , USB-HDD works, but not for me
using Windows XP to prepare the booting files in the keydrive).

Regards.

P.D. : Has anyone obtained a good booting using Flonix with a keydrive ??.
Can specify the trademark and modell of the keydrive ??.