ç­å¤: K8 northbridge f1 behaviour.

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Fri Jan 9 20:15:01 CET 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:27:55AM -0700, ron minnich wrote:

[..]

> the 8111 is the pci connection. register 3e.b in 8111 is set to 0xf, which
> should pass vga i/o to the pci bus.
>
> the vga card, using Ollie's 'userio' program, does not respond to byte
> accesses to 0x3cc or 0x3d4. Under normal bios, all these register settings
> are the same and ... the card responds.

It seems you've solved this now, according to the later success report.
Excellent news indeed! :)

I would've suggested a modified POST card or logic analyzer to see if the
writes made it to the bus. This is somewhat more of a LAN approach to
diagnostics, but might have helped anyway. LAN bridges also tend to just
make packets disappear mysteriously.

What was the problem, anyway?

//Peter