ç­å¤: K8 northbridge f1 behaviour.

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jan 9 23:30:01 CET 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Peter Stuge wrote:

> I would've suggested a modified POST card or logic analyzer to see if the
> writes made it to the bus. This is somewhat more of a LAN approach to
> diagnostics, but might have helped anyway. LAN bridges also tend to just
> make packets disappear mysteriously.

I finally found my VMETRO and put it in the slot and we were able to work
it all out.

> What was the problem, anyway?

- incorrect setting of the pci i/o registers in the k8 northbridge (fix in
	the works)
- the stupid vga cards don't respond to I/O in the legacy range until you
	do a Magic Write to a Magic Place with Magic Data. The emulator
	helped us figure this out since we can watch I/O

But we're really a lot closer than we ever have been.

ron