vgabios use howto.

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Mon Jan 12 15:39:01 CET 2004

ron minnich wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Richard Smith wrote:

> component. For many reasons, this is much safer than just running the BIOS
> directly.
>
> But you do what that screen on boot so we will start pushing that harder.

Yeah.  This system is going to boot from a compact flash thats
replaceable so if it gets hosed and won't boot then I need some sort of
info on the screen to indicate failue rather than haveing to have a tech
sent out to the site to connect up a serial console to determine the issue.

> I could use your help on this, since we do get some problems with some
> cards.
>

>>Will it be of use to boot
>>the board up headless and run the emulator to see what happens?
>
> That would be the right way to start.

Ok.  Is that in the stock freebios module or a seperate module?  Have
you tested it compiling against uclibc?  I guess I can compile static to
start with if I need to.

> I think in the long term the emulator is the way to go, and possibly in
> the short term too.

How much work do you see coming to add the emulator into LB?

--
Richard A. Smith
rsmith at bitworks.com