Filo Error Help

David Aubin daubin at actuality-systems.com
Fri Jul 9 13:38:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

  Yes, I did, but I don't have a DHCP environment so it kept searching
at the DHCP phase.

  This problem is odd.  I can boot my elf fine with etherboot, but not
with filo.  I can boot
my kernel fine with filo, but not the initrd.  I can even boot your
kernel of the ram.elf you
sent me, but when it hits the initrd it fails with the same error as
mine.

  I suspect either my filo is not configured like yours or that there is
a problem loading a
mulitpart elf (kernel & initrd in filo).  I'm confused as to why filo
didn't just use the etherboot
portion of elf_load.  It could be you were on the, "bleeding" edge? ;)

  Can you tell me how much memory you have in your working system?  I
have just
one cpu and 512meg memory.  Curious if loading it high & it runs out of
memory or
something like that.

Thanks,
Dave