V1 PIRQ table

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Thu Jul 15 15:04:01 CEST 2004

ron minnich wrote:

things like "Copying tables..." and then "Verifying..." and the function
called write_tables().  So I just assumed it was stuck in ROM at any old
location and moved to the correct position.

 > yes, that code is very annoying.

I Look at the PIRQ code.  The code that I looked at was the stuff
included with HAVE_PIRQ_TABLE=1 and it most definintly _copies_ the
table to 0xf0000.  So for this code to work shadowing must be setup.

Unless there is some linker magic going on that actually locates the
structure at that location in the ROM as well then PIRQ stuff will not
work w/o shadowing.

On my build the table is located in the ROM image and will show up at
0xf2e29.  Linux searches for the table from 0xf0000 to 0x100000 but only
at mutiples of 0x0f.  So linux will not find this table.

There must be some sort of ELF section alignment thats missing in the
linking of irq_tables.o