sis630 ipl SDRAM initializtion make some trouble

zhu shi song zhushisongzhu at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 07:28:01 CEST 2004

I've got two kind of sis630e motherboard, one is winfast 6300 Max pro, the other is from ellite group.
 (1) for winfast 6300
I've burned one DOC2001 to boot it,  for some SDRAM  it works well, for some other SDRAM it can't boot, it hangup on jmp spl_vector(after my debug testing ).
(2) for ellite board
The same doc2001 chip which works well on winfast 6300 can't boot ellite board.  It also hangup on jmp spl_vector.  For some SDRAM it can boot linux, but linux will hangup at anytime.
(3) conclusion
I think IPL SDRAM initialization has some problem.  So the SDRAM can't work stably.  Who has sis630 manual?  I can check if I can adjust the SDRAM control parameters.  Or someone can point out what's the exact reason causing the problem.

tks
zhu