ROM-Size-Problem

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.org
Tue Jul 20 05:12:01 CEST 2004

* Thomas Leidenfrost <leidenfrost at corscience.de> [040720 11:57]:
> Filling the Linuxbios.rom to 256 kB with zeros (dd if=/dev/zero bs=1k
> count=192 >> linuxbios.rom)  or with itself three more times (cat
> linuxbios.rom linuxbios.rom linuxbios.rom linuxbios.rom > bios256.rom)
> doesn't work, the monitor displays nothing (is framebuffer neccessary
> for that?!). So, how to make the generated linuxbios.rom will be 256 kB?

Please try connecting a serial nullmodem cable and see if you get any
output there. What graphics card does the system have? LinuxBIOS is
unlikely to initialize your video correctly, except on a very small
number of boards with onboard graphics (or with testbios)

linuxbios.rom is only the linuxbios image without the payload it seems.
I have in mind that V1 was not as solid with payload handling as V2 is,
but I may be wrong..