Change in flash chip kills my linuxbios.

Richard Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Fri Jul 23 10:09:01 CEST 2004

Joey Nelson wrote:

> I've verified that the images are identical using a chip programmer.
>
> Any ideas on what might cause this?  Any easy fixes?

Subtle timeing problems?  Whats the speed rating of both parts?

How many address lines does the board really use?  Its possible that if
some of the address lines were floating that it might work with one part
but not the other.

How big is your LB image.  Try makeing mutiple copies of the image in
the rom.  Then it won't matter if the upper address lines float the
wrong way.