Magazine article on USB and Embedded systems

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 1 23:27:01 CEST 2004

Hello from Gregg C Levine
An article in last months issue of ECN discusses the problems and
circumstances regarding the USB port. Specifically the use of the port
in embedded systems. At the end the editor of the magazine, who also
happened to be the article's author, asked for any messages from
people who succeeded in using a USB port in a non M$ system.

I mentioned in that message, my efforts at getting my system to make
better use of its USB ports, those efforts included using a CF reader,
and a pair of Thumb Drives.
And of course my next efforts. I also included in those next efforts,
those that are following the work of Mr. James. For those that are
interested I will be happy to forward a copy of that message to the
author.

Since we've been discussing the merits of just such a setup, and how
to do that I mentioned it, and referred the author to the web site,
and to examine the archives on the site, or wherever they are stored.

 I'm sure he'll be able to find them. I don't think he'll want to
print anything on the Linux BIOS efforts, however, without double
checking things, such as posting a message to the list regarding the
work.
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net