testbios and the system timer

ron minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jun 3 15:39:00 CEST 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Richard Smith wrote:

> Yes. I think it would.  Got any ideas on the implementation?   I'm ready
> to try an implement this.

in the main loop for instruction decode there is a single instruction
dispatch function. Create a global counter (emulate_counter?) and
increment it once each time the dispatch function returns.

You can in the emulator redirect I/O port access to a function. Write the
code to handle read/write on those ports and use the emulate_counter to
drive the clock value.

ron