[PROPOSAL] extended payload handling

Frank frannk_m1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 12:15:01 CEST 2004

You missed the point!
If I wanted a bootloader for the PPC I would use u-boot and
that's what I did. But if I wanted a bootloader for the X86
platform I would have liked to use LinuxBios. U-BOOT is
synonymous with the PPC. LinuxBios should be synonymous with the
X86 just like PMON is with the MIPS platform. Take a long look
at u-boot and you'll find support for just about every PPC  and
the number of drivers are abundant. I can port u-boot to a new
PPC based board in about 3 days tops. There is no way I can port
LinuxBios to a new X86 based board in that amount of time. You
should focus your efforts on improving LinuxBios for the X86 and
not waste time trying to make it work for the PPC. If I wanted a
bootloader I would use u-boot not LinuxBios. I have heard of
other people abandoning LinuxBios and going to u-boot in that
past, just like I did...