答复: Building Tyan AMD64 s2882 Linux BIOS
YhLu at tyan.com
Wed Jun 16 14:39:00 CEST 2004
Where did you get the source code?
Via CVS or linuxbios snapshot?
The update source code should be compiled no problem under RH 9 for i386.
ROM_SECTION_SIZE should be 128K for fallback.
If you want to boot local
1. Etherboot: you can build ide_disk.zelf
2. FILO: it can understand file system and kernel + rootfs instead of elf
3. FILO_IN_Etherboot: I port the FILO into Etherboot and add boot from sata
and it can boot from usb disk too.
发件人: root [mailto:tony_cheng at pcmagic.net]
发送时间: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:58 PM
主题: Building Tyan AMD64 s2882 Linux BIOS
I'm glag to see you here. I saw your name on the LinuxBIOS web site and
know you are the owner of Tyan AMD64 motherboard.
I'm building the Linux BIOS using your Tyan s2882. The AMD opteron 2
CPUs system for my comany, we are evaluating Tyan s2882 board for a
embeded Storage Server. I have some questions maybe you can enlighten
1. I get a lot of warning messages from compiler when I build, is that
normal? I use Suse Linux 9.1, GCC 3.3.3
2. I only get Fallback BIOS build sucessfully, Normal BIOS will break
during the build, is that the way it is?
3. I see your ROM_SECTION_SIZE was set to about 98K, you must have a
very small payload and use a flash utilty to program the Flash. I set
the ROM_SECTION_SIZE to 512K, but I'm still have trouble to get a Linux
Kernel to fit into the Flash. Do you have any recommandation about the
payload? if you can send your payload "tg3--ide_disk_com1_2.zelf" to me
just for a testing purpose that will be great!
More information about the coreboot