PCI card bios accessibility

Tina Declerck tdeclerck at 3WARE.com
Wed Mar 3 21:33:00 CET 2004

Hello,

I am new to this list so I apologize if this question has already been
answered.  I didn't see it
in the archives.

- Does the Linux BIOS do discovery on PCI slots for the existance of cards?

- Will it use PCI configuration space to locate the Basic Address Register
(BAR) to locate bios
   on a PCI card and load it?  Specifically, this is regarding a 3ware RAID
card.

Thank you,

Tina

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
is intended by 3ware for the use of the named individual or entity to which
it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged and should not be disseminated without prior approval from 3ware