PCI card bios accessibility

Tina Declerck tdeclerck at 3WARE.com
Fri Mar 5 11:51:00 CET 2004

On Thurs, 4 Mar 2004, ron minnich wrote:
Ron,

Thank you for the quick response

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Tina Declerck wrote:
>> - Will it use PCI configuration space to locate the Basic Address
>> (BAR) to locate bios
>>    on a PCI card and load it?  Specifically, this is regarding a 3ware
RAID
>> card.
>
> This is done now in user mode via emulation, for a number of reasons, and
> this emulation will move to linuxbios in a month or so.

That's good to hear.  We'd like to do some testing in-house once this is
available.

-Tina

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission
is intended by 3ware for the use of the named individual or entity to which
it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged and should not be disseminated without prior approval from 3ware