答复: ??????: S4882 support

YhLu YhLu at tyan.com
Wed Mar 24 12:04:01 CET 2004

That's right.

YH

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Stefan Reinauer [mailto:stepan at suse.de]
发送时间: 2004年3月24日 7:36
收件人: YhLu
抄送: ebiederman at lnxi.com; ron minnich; linuxbios at clustermatic.org
主题: Re: ??????: S4882 support

* YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> [040324 04:57]:
> It seems the soft reset didn't rest the MB and ...
>
> Ollie,
>
> Can you check that in S2885? And I think if you changed the hard_reset and
> soft_reset to bus 1, it may not rest the ht.

I've changed the reset code today so that the same code is used on all
K8+AMD8111 systems

reset.c went to southbridge/amd/amd8111/amd8111_reset.c

In the config file, you can now specify the device doing the hard reset,
instead of copy+write the reset code for every new mainboard:

default HARD_RESET_BUS=1
default HARD_RESET_DEVICE=5
default HARD_RESET_FUNCTION=0

It would be a lot nicer to find the device dynamically. Maybe that can
get fixed together with dynamically creating pirq and the other tables
some day..

The Tyan boards currently assume the 8111 reset logic is available at
following positions on the PCI bus:

     s2850 1:2.0
     s2880 1:4.0
     s2881 1:4.0