=?gb2312?b?tPC4tA==?=: coherent_ht_mainboard()

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Mar 24 13:15:01 CET 2004

YhLu <YhLu at tyan.com> writes:

> The dynamic code does not work on 4 way MB, I have found out why the s4882
> can not soft_reset.
>
> The HT-link between is not properly init properly.
>
> If the dynamic code can init the coherent-ht properly, We can remove
> hypertransport.c

hypertransport.c can become a noop I agree but there are systems like:
http://www.970eval.com/ where we will need it for the ppc.  And there
may be other even more interesting cases.

So I continue to see hypertansport.c as normative.  The rest of the
places as just optimizations.  Though I am completely in favor of
increasing the code sharing between hypertransport.c and
incoherent_ht.c

Eric