??????: S4882 support

Eric W. Biederman ebiederman at lnxi.com
Wed Mar 24 13:34:01 CET 2004

ron minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> writes:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Li-Ta Lo wrote:
>
> > These macros are K8 specific, should we add AMDK8 in front of it ?
>
> rather than spend too much time perfecting the macros, let's put the
> effort into finding the southbridge dynamically.
>
> There's already some of that done in some of the ports.

There are 2 places we use the hard_reset code.

1) Right at the top of hardwaremain.c before enumerate_static_devices
   in case we get into LinuxBIOS for some odd reason.  Say the OS's wants
   to do a reboot.
2) In device/hypertransport.c where we to do something to get the HT settings
   on an I/O chain to go into effect.

The easiest thing to do is a global flag that says we need to reset
the system in hypertransport.c and then to put all of the reset code
after dev_enumerate.

There are still some details there to be worked out, but...

Eric