EPIA-M "Magic Potion"?

John Laur johnl at blurbco.com
Fri Mar 26 22:45:01 CET 2004

Holy crap! It works if you blatantly *DONT* follow the documentation
and/or the advice  of the developers! (Just kidding guys; you all rock
;) Seriously, though, the README under src/mainboard/via/epia-m/ ought
to at least note that the setpci command is not necessary on some
epia-m's...

Both the original BIOS flash part and the RD1 flash part are recognized.
The RD1-PL uses W9F002U and the original BIOS is SST39SF020A like yours.
Both flash fine with flash_rom.

Thank you very much for clueing me in. Flashing works perfectly! That
DOS crap was a pain in the ass; especially since I had to pop the top to
add a floppy drive externally...

John