mkelfImage initrd help

Don Elwell don at bowery.com
Sun Mar 28 21:23:01 CEST 2004

The saga continues:

I have more information on this problem.  A stock 2.4.25 kernel from
www.kernel.org does not work.  A stock 2.4.24 kernel from www.kernel.org
does work.  They were compiled with identical .config files (I'd be
happy to send them along for anyone curious).

Here is where I'm at:

STD BIOS->Etherboot->Linux + Initrd (single kernel from mkelfImage)
works great for all kernels I've tried except 2.4.25.  This includes
2.4.21 and 2.4.22.  It also includes 2.6.0-test3.

STD BIOS->ISOLINUX->Linux + Initrd (separate files) works for all
kernels, even 2.4.25.

I'm going to try to continue down this path of assuming its the
difference between the two kernels.  Anyone care to venture a guess on
where to start looking?

-don