A bit OT: external equipment for writing...

Vic Berdin vberdin at eazix.com
Tue Mar 30 06:43:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

This maybe the wrong list to post this but since you guys are into
the field of creating your own BIOSware, I would like to ask if
anyone knows of a device or equipment (connected via stadard PC port)
that may be used in order to write data into a BIOS chip?

I am currently scouring the net for any material (software/hardware)
that can aid me in safely replacing the BIOSware on an SST49LF008A
FWH that socketted on an AMD GX2-based target board.
The said board and SST chip is not (yet) supported (or listed) by
this project.

However, our goal is to replace the existing BIOSware with Linux.

TIA - Vic