A bit OT: external equipment for writing...

Hendricks David W. dwh at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 30 15:44:01 CEST 2004

The 49LF008A was added to flash_rom just recently. You should be able to
use any mainboard with the appropriate socket and one of these
southbridges: SiS630, SiS5595, Intel E7500, VIA VT8231, VIA VT8235, AMD
SC1100, AMD CS5530, AMD 8111.

The AMDSC1100 was the southbridge on some GX1 based boards we used here
at the Lab a while back. I'm uncertain whether flash_rom will work with
whatever is on your GX2 based board, but it might be worth a try. If it
doesn't work, you can probably grab a cheap mainboard off pricewatch.com
and use flash_rom anyway. Beats paying hundreds for specialized hardware
plus some rediculous amount for an MS Windows license :)